Sunday 26 February 2012

That's more like it / 8 weeks until London

Despite it not being the best week for sleep, as far as my running was concerned, it was spot on.

My two key mid-week sessions this week were 12x400s and a 6 mile tempo run, both of which were expectedly tough. Of the two, I found the 12 reps of 400m simpler to get my head around, in that envisioning yourself having a rest in 400 metres time make it easier to cope, albeit that you're only going to get 1:30 of rest in between.

The 6 miler was particularly tough and having only managed around 6 hours sleep, in the previous two nights combined, didn't help. The run was broken down into a 2 mile warm up, followed by 3 miles pretty much flat out, finished off with 1 mile easy. The mid section was at such a pace that I cleared 4.8km in 19:30, just shy of my 5km PB! But that's the thing with running, you never know quite what you can achieve until you really push it and you're often surprising yourself with what you can do.


No comments: